Why Does the Facebook App Keep Closing, TurboFuture
Why Does the Facebook App Keep Closing?
If you are one of the millions of Facebook users who have the Facebook app on your smartphone or iPad, you will unluckily also be one of many who encounter the frustration of the app crashing and closing unexpectedly.
Sometimes it will just not open at all, whilst at other times you could be browsing the news feed or attempting a photo upload and it just shuts.
There are a number of effortless to apply solutions which can help resolve the problem and in most cases the fix will be super prompt and more importantly free.
Take a look at some of these quick, free and effortless resolutions.
What to do if your Facebook App closes
- Abandon App: Dual click the home button and all ‘open’ or ‘active’ apps will display. Make sure you close the Facebook app there before doing any of the reset options.
- Hard Reset: Hold down the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time for about 5-10 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. It will shut down and restart automatically. Then attempt re-opening the app.
- Reinstall: Attempt deleting the Facebook app and reinstalling it from the app store. Hold your finger onto the Facebook app icon until it and all other apps jiggle and then select the cross (x) that shows up to delete it. Then reload and restart and see if it works normally.
- Up To Date Version: Ensure you have the latest version of the app available. You can check the app store for any updates.
- Up To Date Software: Ensure you are using the latest version of the available software for the device that you are using (iPhone or iPad etc)
- Conflict: You may be experiencing a conflict with a freshly installed app and your Facebook app. If you have recently installed something, attempt to liquidate it and then open Facebook.
- Resync: You can always resync your device with iTunes via your computer. That often alleviates a lot of problems.
- Memory: Sometimes if your device is very low on memory there is not enough capacity for the app to operate normally. Go to: Settings>General>Usage and see the available space. If it is low, attempt deleting any apps you no longer want, any photos no longer needed and any movies or music.
If you are able to access Facebook even for a brief period of time before it crashes, attempt to open the app and then quickly select the menu icon in the top left and select your individual timeline.
Once it has fully loaded, go back to the News Feed and let it fountain and may then permit you to access it without issue.
Disconnect Facebook From Device Settings
Another option is to open the app and attempt to quickly log out before it crashes. Once logged out:
- Go into your device settings and access the settings for Facebook
- Select ‘Delete Account’ to log out of the Facebook connection – in other words de-link the iPhone or iPad from Facebook altogether.
- Then re-launch the app and sign in and it should launch and geyser without error.
- Then go back into settings and re-enter your Facebook username and password and reconnect (configure) the settings.
When all else fails and none of the above solutions have assisted, you can always restore from back up or reset your device to factory settings. It could be a system issue. At the end of the day we are working with technology so glitches can and do unluckily happen.
Other Common Facebook Questions
If you have found that your Facebook account was locked or disabled without warning do not worry. There are a number of common reasons why this can happen and in most cases ordinary ways to rectify it.
In an effort to crack down on fake identities, authentic Facebook profiles and pages are now being verified and will emerge with a blue circle tick. Superb news for brand promotion. See why.
Millions of people log into Facebook everyday around the world. We talk, we conduct business and we share information. There are times when we cannot login. Here are common causes and effortless solutions
As frustrating as this is there are a number of possible reasons, and in almost all cases the issue can be resolved almost instantly. Here are the most common reasons for Facebook logging you out.