Yamuna Chhath 2018: Date, Puja Timing and Significance, How To Celebrate—Rudraksha Ratna
Yamuna Chhath (On March 23, two thousand eighteen Friday) also known as Yamuna Jayanti is celebrated to glorify the Yamuna Sea who descended on this earth on this day. Yamuna is the daughter of Lord Surya and sister of the death god Yama, Vaivasvata Manu and the twin Ashvins. Yamuna is also known as Yamunaji, Yami and as Surya’s daughter, Suryatanaya, Suryaja and Ravinandini.
March 22, Thursday
March 23, Friday
On this day, people observe stringent prompt and end (Parana) it at sunrise on the day of Chhath (March 23). Yamuna Sea is deeply connected with the divine Lord Krishna who spent His childhood pastimes on its bank along with His friends. In the Puranas and the Mahabharata, she has been described as the most sacred sea that sanctifies even the most sinned.
How to Feast Yamuna Chhath Puja: What to do?
- On the auspicious day one should get up before sunrise and bathe in the Yamuna Sea. If it is not possible, one can add little Yamuna Jal (water) to the bath water and take bath. Chant the following mantra while bathing.
"Ganga Cha Yamuna Chaiva Godavari Saraswati,
Narmada Sindhu Kaveri Jalesmin Sannidhim Kuru"
"In this water, I invoke the presence of divine waters from the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu and Kaveri.”
- Yamuna is closely related to Lord Krishna. One can suggest prayers to Lord Krishna. Chant this mantra: ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’. This powerful mantra was given by Sage Narada to Dhruva Maharaja as described in the Bhagavat Purana (Four.8.54).
- You can chant Hare Krishna mantra on the Tulasi bead.
- If possible chant thousand names of Vishnu or Vishnu Strotram. It has a purifying effect on the mind and the bod. You can also play it in the morning while you engage in daily works. More details here.
- You can perform a Krishna Puja on this day. The Puja includes Sthapana (Ganesh, Devi, Navgraha, Kalash, Brahma), Navagraha Mantra Japa (1 mala of each planet), Krishna Puja, Rudra Kalash Pujan, Shodus Kalash Pujan, Sarvato Bhadra Pujan, Chetrapal Mandal Pujan, Chatukasti Yogini Pujan, Invocation of all Gods and Goddesses, Japa of Krishna Gayatri Mantra, Japa of Krishna Sahasranaam, Shrimad Bhagwad Gita Paath, Krishna Aarti and Homa.
- You can wear a Ten Mukhi, or a Nineteen Mukhi Rudrasksha beads for they are ruled by Lord Krishna and Narayana, respectively. Wearing these Rudraksha beads on this day purifies your internal self and strengthens your will power.
Nag Panchami on twenty seven th July, two thousand seventeen (Thursday) Naga Panchami is falling on July Two